This fall will mark 500 years since Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the Wittenburg Church door. The distribution of this list of what he believed were abusive practices within the Catholic church is credited for sparking the Protestant reformation.
Taking a page out of Luther’s playbook, this session the #UTLEG made their own bold statement against an abuse of power. It wasn’t about theology or nailed to a door but we are hoping the distribution of this list of (roughly 95) principles of federalism will spark a reformation in governmental power between the national government and the states.
This month H.J.R. 17 Joint Resolution to Restore the Division of Governmental Responsibilities Between the National Government and the States will be sent to:
- President of 313 the United States
- The Majority Leader of the United States Senate
- The Speaker of the United 314 States House of Representatives
- The governor of each state outside of Utah
- The Senate President or President Pro Tempore
- The Speaker of the House as of March 1, 2017
- Each state legislature outside of Utah
- The members of Utah’s congressional delegation